Saturday, August 23, 2014

Scrapbook Saturday!


Hey everyone! It's Ashley here with a guest post for Scrapbook Saturday! I have a 12x12 page to share today using the Art Textures stamp set, Mr Huey's Shine mist, gold foil wing embellishments, and the With Wings stamp set.

I really wanted to use the With Wings stamp set but the sentiment I wanted to use said "with brave wings she flies" so it was not going to work. No problem. I just masked the 's' in she and made the stamp work for my page!



The gold wings were something I really wanted to use with the With Wings stamp set; obviously they were made for each other! The gold foil didn't coordinate with my page so I altered them. I sanded the top layer of the wings to scuff them up a bit and then heat embossed with a layer of white embossing powder. Before the white layer was cool and dry, I added a layer of the fired brick embossing powder. This time I let the wings completely cool and then I added a second layer of fired brick. Since it was distress embossing powder, the wings have great dimension, some of the white layer shows through, and you can still see all their detail. I love how they look on this page!
On my patterned papers, I misted Mister Huey's Shine in a few places. I grabbed my Art Textures cling stamp set and started to build some dimension. I mixed gesso with the Shine spray and stamped the smaller circles. You can use your heating tool to help this dry more quickly. With the chicken wire stamp, I heat embossed with white and fired brick. Then I mixed more Shine mist into my gesso/Shine combo and stamped the large circles. Lastly I added some heat embossed smaller circles in fired brick.
Finally I can share my whole page...

I've linked up my products below. Thanks so much for stopping by today and thanks to the PWP girls and Carrie for having me this month! It's been a blast! :)


1 comment:

  1. I love your page! I love the sentiment and the wings together. You know, I never think to alter things I have. I always look at it and think... "how will I use this?" I need to remember! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...