Monday, June 30, 2014

Mixed Media Monday - Encaustic Wax Panel


Hi Paper Wings fans! Dana here today sharing a 6x6 encaustic wax panel for this Mixed Media Monday. I'm just beginning my adventures with encaustic wax, which is painting with hot wax. After playing, I definitely want to pick up some more colors of wax, so I'll be back next month with a more in-depth tutorial. Until then, I hope you enjoy this piece that I created!



This gorgeous bird is part of the NEW Bird Beauty Cling Stamp Set. (You can pick up this fantastic stamp set for 15% off this month!) I stamped the bird, and circles (Single Dot Border Clear Stamp Set) onto a piece of white tissue paper using black archival ink and then sealed them to my panel between layers of hot wax.


I embellished a small twig with ribbon from a past kit and a glittery flower and then finished this piece with a rub-on.

Thanks for stopping by today! We love to see what you have created with the Paper Wings Productions products so please tag us on Facebook or Instagram and you can always up load your projects to our Flickr gallery. Have a wonderful day and remember to let your creativity take flight!


6 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous! LOVING the bird, the branch and the flower!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh - marvelous - I LUV this :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Dana!!! This piece is so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, you constantly amaze! Love this project and now you have got me intrigued in learning about encaustic wax. Looking forward to your tutorial.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning as always Dana! U always create such beautiful artworks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...