Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Creative Playtime!


Hello & Welcome to all of the new PWP followers!!  Norma here with you today to share the results of my last creative session.  Summer has been real busy for me and I've been spending most of my time with my family.  So I was really craving a little creative playtime.  I dug into my stash of Paper Wings goodness and created this art journal page:


Whenever I get new stamps, I like to stamp them in my art journal just to get a feel for them and that's exactly what this page was full of when I started.

 
Here is a look at my art journal page when I started.  It was stamped with the beautiful Wildflowers sentiment, "there's always hope" up top and "indian paintbrush" down on the bottom.  There was also random stenciling all over the page.


I covered the doodled heart with a mask, then stamped the flower from the Flower Power stamp set using Tim Holtz Distress Markers.  I embossed the flowers to seal in the color so that I could continue to add layers of colors on top of the distress inks.


I added color with Faber-Castell Gelatos.  All I did was scribble with the gelato and then used a wet brush to blend the color out.


I colored in the Indian Paintbrush flower with Prismacolor pencils and then darkened my doodles with black India ink.


To add more color, I pulled out the stencil from the Aug Nesting Components kit and Dylusions ink.


I continued to build layers using the Perfect Numbers stamp set and rubons from the May Nesting Components kit.


This beautiful little lady is also from the May Nesting Components kit.


To finish it off, I added some of the smaller flowers from the Flower Power stamp set.  I love that I was able to mix so many wonderful Paper Wings products into this one page. 


 Have you visited the online store lately?!  Carrie has added new items like the gelatos I used on this project.  You should really go check it out ;D

Thanks so much for stopping by & have a beautiful day!!!


10 comments:

  1. Wow this is just gorgeous Norma! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome page Norma! I really need to pick up an art journal! Thanks for including so many of your steps along with the color mediums you used. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your page Norma!! I am going to have to get some of the gelatos that were added to the shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your creative process and the results are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful journal page, Norma. Your work is so inspiring, I love your mixed-media and journal posts. I always learn something new, during our "visit". Thanks for sharing.

    Mindy
    http://mulberrymindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely..love all the layering you gave it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, absolutely stunning, Norma!! What a gorgeous journal page!! All of the layers are fabulous!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty,love the colors and all the fun layers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. From one MM artist to another: you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...