Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What's Up Wednesday - CAS



Hi everyone! Tara C. here with your What's Up Wednesday post.  I really admire the clean and simple technique.  Those paper artists that truly excel in this area make it look elegant, beautiful and oh so simple.  I thought I would give it a try and create my version of a CAS card.


Turns out this technique is super hard for me.  I made 4 different fronts for this card!  My favorite was the first I created but I kept thinking it was too simple so I kept right on trying. In the end, I used the very first one :) However, I stared and stared at this card thinking I needed to layer more stamps, more paper, more embellishments and had to keep reminding myself that the beauty of these cards is in their simplicity.  I even went to bed and woke up the next day wondering about this card and how I should/could change it!  But as I looked at it again, I realized how I quite liked it and what better way to show off the sweet images in the 'Marcel' stamp set.


A picture of the inside of the card which again is very clean and simple with a printed sentiment. The CAS technique is definitely something I am going to work on and hopefully someday I will be able to whip up one of these cards in less time than a super embellished one!

Please show us your CAS creations using Paper Wings Productions stamps!  You can post them to our Pinterest page, our Facebook page or to our Flickr gallery.  Stay tuned for the rest of the week to see what the other designers have in store for you! 

 Thanks for visiting!

The Paper Wings Productions supplies used:


3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful CAS card!! The hats are so fun!! I have trouble with CAS...I seem to always want to add more layers and bling :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! I love the hats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, love the clean and simple look! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...