Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What's Up Wednesay- Background Stamps


Hello Everyone! It's Amber here with my first What's Up Wednesday Post. I don't know about you but I love to create my own background paper using stamps. So today I thought I would share this card that I created with Paper Wings Productions Text Cling Background Stamp and Earth & Sky Cling Stamp Set. Check It:


There are many different ways to create your own background paper such as...stamping a fun image multiple times, using a gradient watercolor wash in a beautiful color scheme, or taking a large or small background stamp and repeatedly stamping it like I did today. To add texture and dimension to my card I used a technique called tone on tone stamping. To achieve this technique all you have to do is use a ink pad that is the same color or very similar to the card stock you are using.



We would love to see what you make with Paper Wings Productions Stamps so add your projects to our Flickr Group, to Pinterest, or leave a comment with a link to your project. Thanks for visiting today!
Supplies: Cardstock- White & Blue / Paper Wings Productions Background  Cling Stamp- Text / Paper Wings Productions Cling Stamp Set- Earth & Sky  / Versa Color Ink Pad- Turquoises / CTMH Ribbon- White / Making Memories Brads- White / Sulky Thread- White



6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Amber! You used some of my favorite PWP stamps. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card turned out beautiful! I love to take a favorite stamp and use it as a background. Thanks for the gorgeous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amber! Love your card, the script stamps are some of my favorites too. I really like the subtle tone on tone effect you created with them. Gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber, this card is so pretty and your use of stamps are perfect! Love how much impact your sewing has too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Amber! Thanks for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...