Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What's Up Wednesday - Advent Calendar: Part 1

Hi Peeps!
It's good to be back here on the blog today.  I hope you have been keeping up with all of the recent posts for fall, Halloween, and Day of the Dead from our talented ladies here at the Aviary - Carrie, Norma and Shay!
I'm going to change gears here from fall, to the upcoming winter holidays, and share with you a project I'm working on.  For years I've been intrigued with Advent calendars creadted by other crafters using various papercrafting supplies, and I decided that this would be my year to make my first Advent Calendar and showcase the wide variety of stamps that Paper Wings carries.  Today, I'm highlighting days 1-8.



Aren't these fun?  Let's get a close up look to see more of the details. Just a note:  All of the numbers are stamped in Versa Fine Black Onyx and are from the Perfect Number Clear Set.



Details: Flourish Fun 1 large stamp embossed in Lindy's Gang embossing powder. Winter Mix it Up sentiment stamped in Versa Fine Black Onyx.



Details: The window, bird house and cardinal set up the scene along with one tree trunk from the Howlin' For You set. Distress inks and Distress markers and a Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip marker add pretty colors and all is finished off with Picket Fence stickles for snow and ice cicles. And, I found a little Liquid Applique and heated it up to make snow on the birdhouse. 



Details: Does this wish list look like yours??  This was too fun to pass up.  The background is inked with Festive Berries distress ink and the ledger is stamped in Pine Needles distress ink. I then added the Top 10 number list and Dear Santa from the Christmas Mix It Up set.



Details: MMM..Marshmallows!  The tag is inked with Tumbled Glass and stamped with flourishes from Flourish Fun 2 and embossed with Irridescent Ice EP from Stampin" Up! The cup from Play with your Coffee is paper pieced on Basic Grey "Figgy" paper.  The cocoa is Chocolate Chip marker again, and the marshmallows are so white from a Souffle pen.




Details: More distress ink on background (love how quick that is) and stamps from the Door set to create the wreath, colored with prisma pencils, and the little gold embossed dots are from Flourish Fun 2 set.  The sentiment is actually from two sets: Christmas Mix It Up and Holiday Mix It Up.



Details: Of course I had to get some sprays out and this one looked a little like a sky to me.  The scene unfolded before my eyes.  A crescent moon from the Build a Scene set, colored in with a VersaMark marker and embossed with Egyptian Gold EP (and the Believe sentiment too from the Dear Santa Cling set).  And the little santa from the Jolly Old St. Nick cling set looks so cute flying in the sky.



Details: I used a little more paper piecing with "vintage" Memory Box Christmas papers, but I accented the papers with the music background and letters from the Perfect Alphabet set to spell out JOY!



Details: This was another tag that I used sprays to create a background.  I thought it was just begging for Whisper White (Stampin' UP!) embossed snowflakes from the Winter Mix It Up set.  I used just a portion of the "peace on earth" from the Typed Wishes to add a simple sentiment.


So, what do you think???  This is only the beginning!  There will be two more installments of the remaining tags.  I've really enjoyed pouring over my Paper Wings stamps and looking for great images to create these fun tags.  I hope you are inspired in some way for your own upcoming holiday projects and we would love to see what you make with these and other Paper Wings Productions stamps.  Add your projects to our flickr group, to Pinterest, comment with a link on this post or even email pictures to us!


"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas......"
Happy Stamping!

Julie










5 comments:

  1. I love this, Julie! The tags are all so unique and different. Great post. I can't wait to see the next batch of tags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful, Julie! I can't wait to see how you are going to display them. I have been comissioned by the Youth Group at my church to decorate a Christmas tree with handmade tags, that will hold gift cards that they are going to present to needy families in our area for the holidays. I have been making so many tags, I am about to run out of ideas, but your tags have given me inspiration to continue on. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that you found inspiration in my tags. I'd love to see what you make for your church group. That is so great!

      Delete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...