Monday, July 30, 2012

Mixed Media Monday - Persuasion Tag


Hey Peeps!

It's Julie.  Hope everyone had a great weekend!  The Paper Wings gals were stamping their little wings off with the customers at Scrapbook N' More - and they really turned out some cool projects with the stamps.  While I was working on my demo, I was able to create a few tags, and there is one in particular I'd like to share with you here.

Back in June, I posted a card and made a mention of how the boat reminded me of Persuasion, by Jane Austen and that I was inspired to make a project about it.  Take a look :)





Background Details:
1.  Adhere various scraps of paper to a manila tag with glue, making sure to add glue to overlapping layers.
2.  Add a thin coat of white craft paint or gesson to mute the background and give it a more uniform look.
3.  Use Art Texture stamps and acrylic/craft paint to add interest.  NOTE:  when using paint with stamps, be sure to wash the paint off quickly so that it doesn't stick to the stamp.  Set aside to dry.







Ship Details:
1.  Stamp Window on brown and white cardstock.  Stamp boat from Sea Melange set to same white cardstock inside window shape.
2. Color and trim boat image and add to brown frame. I used markers for the top sky and sea, and boats.  To make cloudy look behind boats I used a distress marker on my craft sheet and added a little water, and then dipped my fingertips into the color and added it to the paper repeatedly.
3. Adhere with foam dots.






Main image and sentiment details:
1.  Stamp lady from Melange Women in very light ink on manila tag and color in features with distress markers.
2.  Stamp her again on two patterned papers with a coordinating ink and cut out elements to paper piece dress and shawl.
3. Stamp sentiment from Sentiments and Sayings on white cardstock.  Trim and ink edges with ink blending tool.  Add pink to heart elements.

I always feel so happy for Miss Anne Elliot when she finally finds out that Captain Wentworth really does love her.  Makes me want to go watch it again.

I love how this tag turned out with all of it's elements.  I think the added textures in the back give it something extra, and I liked working on the paper piecing of the dress.  I had not tried it on a stamp like this one, but I think the results are great.

On a side note, tomorrow is the last day for our Mission 004 Flight Plan challenge.  Make sure to get your projects posted to either Flickr or Pinterest.  Maybe this card will inspire you to make a project!

Take Flight!

Julie


Stamps: Art Textures, Window, Sea Melange, Melange Women, and Sentiments and Sayings 
Ink: Distress Inks by Tim Holtz/Ranger
Paper: Scraps from stash and a manila tag
Cardstock: Neenah Solar White and Chocolate Chip from Stampin' Up!
Tools: Crop-a-dile, Ink Blending Tool from Ranger, foam tape, Prisma pencils, Distress Makers (Ranger), glue stick, acrylic paint
Embellishments:  Glaze pen by Sakura and ribbons

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...